The laboratory informatics universe continues to morph and become more complex over time. Simultaneously, the functionality offered by the individual lab informatics systems within this universe (i.e. LIMS, ELN, LES, etc.) continues to expand driving these systems to collide. It has reached a point where the lines are so blurry that some find it hard to clearly determine what their lab informatics solution needs to be. When and where is a LIMS or ELN or LES best suited to satisfy the need? Do you need to integrate and implement more than one system like LIMS/ELN or LIMS/LES?
In one hour, you will gain an understanding of what functionality each lab informatics system provides and where each is best suited. We will also explore where the functional overlaps exist between these systems and why integrated and/or hybrid solutions may be advantageous for your organization. So before you embark any upcoming lab informatics adventures, join our lab informatics subject matter expert as they discuss where and how ELN and LES fit in the Laboratory Informatics Universe.
- LIMS, ELN, and LES solve different problems
- ELN/LES functionality is complementary to LIMS functionality
- The boundaries between LIMS, ELN, and LES products are overlapping and functionality is merging
- Significant benefits can be realized by implementing an ELN or LES
- There is no “one size fits all” LIMS/ELN or LIM/LES solution